Our mission is to educate vibrant, missional Christ-followers who go out into the world and serve as His ambassadors. To do this effectively, we prioritize Biblical instruction and teaching, as well as opportunities to put faith into action. We strongly believe that it is important to give our young disciples opportunities to live out their faith and be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community and world.
Teachers design and implement individual classroom service activities that are age appropriate for students; these activities demonstrate the love of Jesus through acts of Gospel service with the recipients. In addition, we also embrace numerous school-wide service opportunities as well. Listed below are samples of various service projects the students of St. Matthew Lutheran School participated in during the 2014/2015 School Year.
- Progressive Dinner & Kids Against Hunger
- Turkey Trot (Smith's Honduras Mission Trip; Baby Vivian's Medical Care; Hurricane Sandy Relief, National Transplant for Life, Color Out Cancer - See the Spinal Column article: Color Out Cancer)
- Putt Putt for Baby Vivian
- School Kits for Lutheran World Relief
- Bingo Games at Nursing Home
- Forgotten Harvest Warehouse and Farm
- Water For Flint - See the Spinal Column article: Water For Flint